1. Employers are encouraged to contribute positively to the sustainable development of communities in which they operate. Employers are encouraged to demonstrate best practices by making positive social and developmental contributions above and beyond legal compliance.
2. Employers are encouraged to demonstrate a commitment to and management of social responsibility policies and programmes in support of fair working and living conditions within the community in which they operate.
3. Employers are encouraged to promote the responsible production, distribution and consumption of substances such as alcohol amongst their employees and their families within the context of the broader farming community.
South African Legislation
- The South African Constitution
- The South African Bill of Rights
- ILO 117, Social Policy, 1962
- ILO 200, HIV and Aids Recommendations. 2010